Lets face it travelling with Kids can be challenging, the boredom, tiredness and of course the everlasting hunger….these our a few of our favourite tips when holidaying with the kids.
- Pack a day bag, there is nothing worse then arriving at your accommodation and the room not being ready. How many parents have you seen unpacking items from a suitcase in a hotel reception. Our suggestion, a bag with change of clothes, snacks, activities packs and/or swimmers .
- Plan ahead for arrival time. Are you going to be arriving early in the morning, then look and see if your site, room or cabin can be ready early. If that is not possible then have a back up plan in place. Research a cool place to hang out where kids can play and rest.
- Food, drinks, snacks and more food….kids are always extra hungry when they are on the road, on a plane or on holidays. Pack lots of nutritious snacks that will keep them happy between meals. This will save you a fortune and will help avoid too many high sugar snacks. Always check customs and airport advice if travelling abroad. Checkout our range of Mooleii lunch boxes and coolers bags as they work well in confined spaces such as a car , boat or plane.
- Research what is included in your accommodation, ie kids club do they need anything special ie socks, water bottles. Are there bowls and basic cutlery in your room so you can feed the kids if they wake up too early.
- Games – do some research for some age appropriate games you can play on the run; a favourite for our 4 year at the moment is eye spy but using colours instead of letters.
Most importantly when travelling with kids….if the kids are happy then you can; enjoy your trip, find it less stressful and actually have fun on your well-earned break.